Once a bright young man with a promising career, former Detroit Lions wide receiver Titus Young is now slowly ruining his chances of ever playing in the NFL again.

This past Tuesday, Young was arrested for a remarkable fourth time in the past ten days.

His first crime was burglary from a local gas station in Orange County, California, in which he is being accused of stealing a candy bar and a water bottle.

Young was first taken into police custody on May 5th, when he was apprehended for suspicion of driving under the influence. He then bailed himself out of jail, and a mere eleven hours later attempted to steal his car from the police impound, naturally netting him another arrest.

After bailing himself out of prison yet again, Young was taken into custody once more less than a week later. This time, his apprehension was for breaking and entering, burglary, resisting arrest, and assaulting a police officer.

Titus’s father, Richard Young, spoke up about his son’s recent transgressions.

“I hope they just forgive Titus because this ain’t none of Titus, it wasn’t none of his fault. I look at my son right now, I don’t see my son. That’s not my son. I know my son. Titus is not the boy I really raised, I’m saying the way he act, the way he intermix in society right now,” said the receiver’s father.

“He shut down, he look through you, it’s like he’s depressed. He don’t like to watch TV, he don’t like to get involved with music that much. And these are the things that you’ve got to know what’s going on in the world. Cause we in the world, you’ve got to have a relationship with the world. You’ve got to deal with people. I don’t know, but we’ve been trying to get him help.”

Clearly, Richard Young believes that this trouble-making does not stem directly from his child's poor decision making, and that something is wrong with his son's mental health. On Monday, he told several Detroit newspapers that his son suffers from an undisclosed brain disorder, causing him to act out.

Unfortunately for Titus, he is facing up to seven and a half years in prison, as he is being arraigned on a total of eight charges.