NFL Mock Draft Round 1
2012 NFL Mock Draft Round One
1. Indianapolis Colts: Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
Luck is exactly what the horseshoe indicates on this Colt. The question is, whether the Colts need him to start right away.
2. St. Louis Rams: Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma St
Sam Bradford needs help in the form of a dangerous weapon, Blackmon is the best in the draft, and with a deep offensive line draft, protection will come in the later rounds.
3. Minnesota Vikings: Matt Kalil, OT, USC
Second year quarterback Chris Ponder will love the addition of Kalil that will provide excellent protection for many years on the offensive line.
4. Cleveland Browns: Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor
Colt McCoy is simply not the answer for the Browns future plans and Griffin is the complete package at quarterback. Griffin has the potential to be a super star, and is a major upgrade over to their current starter McCoy.
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers:Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama
Many believe the Bucs may choose the best corner available but the best answer is to make their team offense deeper especially in the backfield. Having a dual threat coming out of the backfield with Blount.and Richardson is not only powerful but scary.
6. Washington Redskins: Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina
The Redskins need a quarterback in the NFL Draft this year but the top two are taken in this Mock Draft, therefore the Skins decide to bring in weapons around who ever becomes quarterback whether its through free agency or later in the draft. Jeffery is the best receiver on the board and the Redskins need his services to improve and strengthen their offensive weapons.
7. Jacksonville Jaguars:Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU
There are several different ways the Jaguars can go here but really what it comes down to is getting the best available. Their secondary can use some help and Claiborne is one of the better pure corners to come out in a few years.
8. Miami Dolphins: Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa
The Miami needs to provide protection for whoever is taking snaps next year and Reiff has what it takes to become a solid NFL lineman for many years in the league he has great physical abilities to use upfront on the line and has superior mental knowledge that keep him around a long time.
9. Carolina Panthers:Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama
In the secondary the Panthers can use a corner on the opposite side of Chris Gamble. This will not only make their starting unit stronger but force the others down on the depth chart making Carolina’s secondary very powerful. Kirkpatrick is a big, physical corner with great speed and agility. He has the ability to develop into a true ‘shutdown’ corner.
10. Buffalo Bills: Courtney Upshaw, OLB, Alabama
One of the Bills biggest needs are at the linebacker position and with one of the best outside linebackers in this years draft available Buffalo snatches Upshaw. Upshaw is aggressive and powerful pass rusher that would fit perfectly in the AFC east going up against Tom Brady twice a year.
11. Kansas City Chiefs: Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford
12. Seattle Seahawks: Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M
13. Arizona Cardinals: David DeCastro, G, Stanford
14. Dallas Cowboys: Luke Kuechly, ILB, Boston College
15. Philadelphia Eagles: Mark Barron, SS, Alabama
16. New York Jets: Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame
17. Cincinnati Bengals (OAK):Janoris Jenkins, CB, N Alabama (Florida )
18. San Diego Chargers:Nick Perry, DE/OLB, USC
19. Chicago Bears: Kelechi Osemele, OL, Iowa State
20. Tennessee Titans:Peter Konz C, Wisconsin
21. Cincinnati Bengals : Lamar Miller, RB, Miami
22. Cleveland Browns (ATL): Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor
23.Detroit Lions: Alfonzo Dennard, CB, Nebraska
24. Pittsburgh Steelers: Dont’a Hightower, LB Alabama
25. Denver Broncos: Devon Still, DE/DT, Penn State
26. Houston Texans: Jerel Worthy, DE/DT Michigan State
27. New England Patriots (NO): Melvin Ingram, DE, South Carolina
28. Green Bay Packers: Brandon Thompson, DT Clemson
*29-32 Teams subject to change due to divisional playoffs but here is the first stab at it based on record.
29. Baltimore Ravens: Vontaze Burfict, ILB, Arizona State
30. New York Giants: Andrew Datko, OT, Florida State
31. New England Patriots: Chase Minnifield, CB Virgina
32. San Francisco 49ers: Cordy Glenn, OG, Georgia